Virtual Rollick 2021
01 January 2021
Although we are disappointed not to be holding our typical Riverbank Rollick in January 2021, Thornbury Running Club are delighted to be holding the inaugural
This will be held in support of this year’s two club charities, to which we will be donating at least 50% of the proceeds: -
- ‘Made a Mark’ https://madeamarkcharity.com foundation which exists to ‘make memories for bereaved children’ and
- ‘CALM’ https://www.thecalmzone.net in memory of Thornbury Running Club member Liam Jones
Optional additional donations of £1 can also be made during the entry process.
To make sure that the spirit of the infamous ‘Rollick’ is not lost, we expect at least half of your run to be off-road and to involve an acceptable level of mud wind and water.
To this end we would encourage all participants to upload photographic evidence of rivers, dirty trainers, muddy faces or any other inspired pictures from their chosen routes on to our Facebook event page to assure us that you have suffered appropriate and traditional levels of discomfort.
All participants will receive a medal for their efforts and whilst we will NOT be providing prizes for the speediest runners, we will judge the photos received via Facebook and reward the muddiest and grubbiest accordingly.
The Club (TRC excluded) with the most entries will receive 6 free places in the next Rollick that we are able to hold.
- Run your own socially distanced 9.6 mile route
- Run any time between 1st and 31st January 2021 - go on you know you want to do it on New Years Day!
- Follow the instructions and the link emailed to you to in order to submit your elapsed time (not moving time) accompanied by a screenshot of your run from your running application of choice
- Medals will be posted during February as we collate the results and assess the photos
- Places can be transferred using the Full On Sport web portal as normal
- Entries are limited to 400 and will close when this limit is reached or at 13:00 on January 31st, whichever comes soonest
- Runs must be completed and evidence submitted before 23:59 on January 31st
We hope you all continue to enjoy the trails through these tough times and we all look forward to running together again as soon as circumstance allow.
We look forward to seeing your routes and photos!
Registration open from: 00:00:00