Riverbank Rollick 2020
12 January 2020
Thornbury Running Club’s Riverbank Rollick will be held on Sunday January 12th 2020 at 11.00.
The course offers different terrains, different places, different views… and is probably different to anything you’ve tried before. Challenging too, but very rewarding.
We will be issuing updated medals for each race organised by TRC in 2020. Similar to previous years, these medals will join together if you complete all 3 races (Riverbank Rollick, Thornbury 10km and the Oldbury 10 miler.)
Race HQ is at the New Sports Hall, Castle School, Park Rd, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 1HT.
The Riverbank Rollick is 9.6 miles long, and has approx. 120m of ascent and is 80 per cent off-road, on trails, bridle paths, across fields and through woodland.
- Entries will be available through Full on Sport website only and will open at 19:00 November 1st 2019.
- Minimum age = 18 years old.
- It is very likely the event will sell out quickly so we do not envisage entries on the day.
- Gun to chip timing.
- Team and individual prizes in all major categories.
- The race will be run under ARC Rules (Permit applied for).
- Race numbers with attached chips and baggage labels will be issued on the day.
- There will NOT be a waiting list available.
- Transfers are to be handled by the individual using the Full on Sport page - transfers must be completed before 23:59 Tuesday 7th January.
- Check the Thornbury Facebook page for more instructions and any updates before race day
Important information regarding race day:-
- Start is 15 min walk/10 minute jog from Castle School.
- Runners are to be escorted to the start line by our Marshals.
- Race number collection, bag drop, changing rooms, showers and refreshments will be available in the School Sports Hall
- The club accept no responsibility for missing/damage to items within bags.
- There is one water station at Littleton-upon-Severn, approximately 5.8 miles (9 km) from the start.
- Cut off time = 2.5 hours.
- There will be a sweep runner but marshals will leave the course. Signage will be left in place.
- Please car share where possible. Parking available at The Castle School on a first come, first server basis, or the public car parks in Thornbury (nearest is Castle Court car park).
Race Route (same as last year)
Starts at ‘The Pithay’ near St Mary’s Church, Thornbury, heads out to St Arilda’s Church at Oldbury, down to the scenic Severn Riverbank before turning left along the estuary for about 1.5 miles past Whale Wharf with views over to the Bridge and Chepstow. It then heads back through the village of Littleton Upon Severn and beside Thornbury Golf course and into Mundy Playing Fields. Instead of the traditional finish here, the course now continues through the Playing Fields (AND THE STREAM!!).
Leave Mundy playing fields through the gate shortly after exiting the stream. Follow public footpath to Kington Lane, across Kington Lane through Cemetery and back to Pithay start (9 miles).
Take Pithay right fork and follow path in a loop back to Sheiling School and onto public footpath and follow back into School Playing Fields. Final sprint across field & alongside all-weather pitch to finish at pitch corner
We look forward to seeing you on race day!
Registration open from: 09:00:00